- Evidence No.: TA04031255
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2014
- Project End Year: 2016
- Grant Provider: Technologická agentura ČR
- Grant Recipient: České vysoké učení technické v Praze
- Project Partners: Silnice Group a.s., Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s.
- UniCRE Project Leader: Petr Jíša
The main aims of the project are:
- proposal of a new type of functional bituminous binder for standard road applications of asphalt mixtures, which will enable their production at lower temperatures (max. 120°C) in combination with reclaimed asphalt used at least at a level of 30 % with decreased demands on technical modification of existing plant equipment. Bituminous binder will combine the effects of commercial or newly developed rejuvenator and the principle of low-viscosity binder or binders containing surfactants.
- verification of a functional bituminous binder for semi-warm mix asphalt technology, which will have improved characteristics in terms of resistance to deformations and improved service life in terms of fatigue. When applied with reclaimed asphalt it would lead to a partial reactivation of the bitumen contained in the reclaimed asphalt material.
- use of a new bituminous binder for selected types of asphalt mixtures – especially for mixtures of AC, and to a limited extent also BBTM and SMA type. Specification of the conditions for the use of the new bituminous binder in these types mixures (requirements for operating temperatures - up to 120°C - rate of utilization reclaimed asphalt - tested on several content levels - conditions of workability and durability).
- specification of requirements in terms of asphalt production, in particular the requirements of any adjustments to asphalt plants equipment or production processes (the elimination of production risks).